Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meatloaf with No Onions

I'm beginning to slow down and breathe! We've been so busy getting our new home settled and I have a lot more to do but I plan on unpacking my boxes as I can, at this point there is no rush. I'm hoping Honey will be able to meet me to shop for some more furniture I need end tables for the family room, it's hard not having anywhere to sit things. I have found, or actually Ashia did, some nice lamps at Big Lots so I'm thinking about them, that would save money and they are nice.

Last night I decided to try and make a meatloaf without onions. I always make my meatloaves with ketchup and Worcester sauce and any type of form of onion gives Honey hives. So I experimented with some basic items and it was GREAT! I had some venison on hand with bacon added to the meat. It was the perfect meat for this meatloaf, I hope when I'm out of it plain venison or beef with be good too.  I didn't think to take a photo so here is the ingredients and maybe I'll remember a photo next time.


Meatloaf with No Onions

1 lb ground beef or venison
1 small tomato sauce
3 tbls Hunts Honey Mustard barbecue sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 to 1 cup GF bread crumbs
Top with sliced fresh tomatoes (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients, shape in loaf, place in loaf pan with tomatoes on top.  Cook until brown and crunchy around sides.

To go with this I made DeBoles Macaroni and Cheese, easy and tasty too and mixed vegetables. The meal was super good or maybe I'm just ready to start cooking in my own kitchen once again. Stay tuned as I have lots of mixes to review and meals to cook.



DON'T FORGET ONLY THREE DAYS TO GO...

I have a giveaway going on HERE
It will cost you nothing but a few minutes. The snacks are great and adults as well as children love them. I gave a little to my nine month old grand-baby and she loved it. I've only had two people leave a comment and I have three to give away so PLEASE go there now and leave a comment, that's all you have to do to sign up, you don't have to follow me although I would appreciate it! Thanks friend.



UPDATE ON HOME DECORATING

Here's what the house looks like so far...


One of the guest rooms.

I pray for peace to all who sleep here. I want my house to be a safe haven a place to get away from the storms of this life!


I saw these soaps years ago but at that time didn't feel I had a place to use them.  For those who know me you also know that I refuse to pay $8 for one bar of soap no matter how good it looks. Well, while A was here and we were shopping I found a box of three on clearance for $10. I was pumped and couldn't wait to get home with my purchase. They are now in one of my guest baths waiting on you to come see them. This bathroom wall is the same green as the bedroom above by the way.


 The master bedroom before and after.

 I love this bedding and room! it is huge after having a small one for so long so we are thinking about making a sitting room in it also. My desk takes up some of the space but there's still more to spare!


My bath Before and After. 
I have not began to hang pictures etc.

Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you soon!!!

No comments: