Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gluten Free Potatoes, Beef and Peppers

I may be early but I couldn't wait any longer!

 I took some flowers that were in the plants sent when my Mom passed back in 2004 and made an arrangement for my table. I am kind of a sentimental person.

I am in the fall mood and I know it may be early to drag out fall decorations but today I couldn't stand it any longer. While watching "Julie and Julia" I decorated for fall. Well, what little I could with what I had on hand. Now I need to go shopping and buy a few things to add to my collection.



By the way have you seen "Julie and Julia"? I enjoyed it but I've been trying to cut back on what I eat and I thought I would starve before the end of the show.

Tonight for supper I made a new potato dish. I had some potatoes and yellow peppers that were getting old so I needed to use them. Can't waist yellow peppers I love those things. Here's what I did step by step you can alter, add to, multiply it or leave it just like it is!

I took:

1 lb ground beef (I used venison) and browned it with salt and pepper added. While my venison was browning I sliced a large yellow pepper into strips.

When the venison was good and brown I poured it into a colander to drain and added about 1 tsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to the same pan and added the sliced yellow peppers to this. I let the peppers begin to cook while I peeled and sliced four medium potatoes.

Then in a casserole dish I placed a layer of potatoes topped with the venison. On this I sprinkled garlic salt and black pepper. Then I added a layer of the yellow peppers I did this same thing again.

Then I mixed up 2 packages of Lipton cream of chicken cup a soup and poured over my dish.

I cooked this real slow covered in a 350 degree oven for  about 2 hours you could also put it in a crock pot and cook all day.

It turned out really good I was amazed that when I went to the kitchen to store the leftovers Honey had eaten all but one helping.

Check back later and see what else I come up with! Thanks for visiting!!!!

No comments: