Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gluten Free Fresh Southern Peach Cobbler

I have a blogging friend who is the best chef or cook in the country. I have never eaten any of her food before but I do use several of her recipes in my own kitchen and I have suggested that all of my family or friends follow her blog. If you NEVER make anything on her blog you will still want to follow it because I promise you can taste the dish as she tells about it.

I used my friend Mary's recipe as my base for this dish. You'll find the full of gluten version HERE. I tweaked it to fit my gluten free lifestyle and I was really proud of my find.

Gluten Free Fresh Southern Peach Cobbler

3 cups of peaches, sliced
enough sugar to cover
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup GF baking mix (I used Pamela's)
3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used Splenda/sugar Blend)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp lemon zest, optional

Peel and slice fresh ripe peaches cover them in the Splenda Blend for baking with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir the peaches so that they are covered throughout put them in a airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for several days.

When you are ready to make your cobbler preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.  Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with your favorite spray oil.

Place your peaches juice and all in the bottom of the baking dish.

In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the baking mix and 3/4 cup sugar. Add the butter, milk and egg; mix together until blended well. Stir in lemon zest if using. Pour batter over peaches and baked uncovered, at 325 degrees F,  for 55 minutes to one hour, or until brown ans firm in the middle.

So make you one and enjoy it we sure did. Thanks Mary for this great recipe and your inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon.

1 comment:

Cindy DG said...

This looks amazing, I love cobbler and I LOVE peaches! My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-fridays-recipe-party-2/
Also be sure to link up your blog on our Gluten Free Bloggers directory. You can reach the directory by clicking the "glutenfree bloggers" tab on our blog! Thanks, Cindy :)