Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Best of the 6th Annual Ornament Party

Last Thursday night was my sixth annual ornament party. I had the first party the year that I married Steve as a way to get to know ladies in the community, I think I had twelve ladies to attend that one. Then one of the parties we had around forty-five guest, that was a lot for my living room. We set anywhere imaginable and made it happen and what a blast we had. This is an event that we look forward to every year. In January we began the search for the perfect ornament for next year. My friends take this party very seriously!


This year the party was held in the fellowship hall of First United Methodist Church of Macon. I hated to move it from my house, it's just always so personal in a home, but we are expecting a new grand-baby anytime and my house is also due some renovations so I decided that I had better not count on having it there.


Once again the party was a huge success, we had 24 in attendance. A few of them were ladies who had never been before and everyone seemed to have a great time. It's such a blessing to have friends you can be yourself and have fun with.

Here are a few of the photos from this years party.



The food was great as always and my friends made sure that there was some things I could eat! We enjoyed our time of fellowship together.

We each enjoy choosing and showing off our ornaments in hopes that no one else will like them enough to steal them!


It's exciting to see what others get.


We have to make sure someone applies a sticker so that it can't be passed over three times.


We learned something new this year about the pickle ornament.
I think the ladies had a story of their own.

LEGEND OF THE CHRISTMAS PICKLE
A pickle is used as decoration on the Christmas tree seems odd at first, but it is an old German tradition. When decorating the Christmas tree, it is traditional to hang the pickle last, hidden among the branches. The first child on Christmas Day to find the Christmas pickle receives a special blessing for the year and an extra gift! Great tradition to share with your family this year and for years to come!


If you have never attended an ornament party you should give it a try we love them and plan on many more!

No comments: