Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grace's Version of Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper

My husband LOVES Hamburger Helper. I know it's not good for him so I very seldom cook it but once in a while I treat him to his favorite Cheeseburger Helper. Recently Steve was wanting Hamburger Helper and since we are moving the pantry is getting LOW so no Hamburger Helper in sight. I had a stock of Gluten-free noodles so I had a brain storm. I decided to try my hand at GF hamburger helper. I googled and found a GF basic cheese sauce recipe and just added ground chuck and macaroni noodles. Here's the results and it was really good.




Basic Cheese Sauce

1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt
tad of cayenne pepper
2 cups milk (of your preference)
1 Tbl Dijon mustard
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese

In a heavy saucepan combine the cornstarch, salt, cayenne, and milk; mix well. Bring to a boil and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Sir in the mustard, cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan.

Mix with your favorite pasta and meat etc. Bake in preheated broiler until brown.

No comments: