Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's Goulash?

Now that we are moving when Honey and I are at the farm we always find a time that the kids need a babysitter and we can spend some time with Pumpkin. Here are some photos from one of our last visits.

She has a new toy that a friend gave her and she loves it. 


She plays with it all the time.


She'll loose her balance and fall from time to time but forgives and forgets very easily!


Her latest thing is to squeal and wait until we squeal back and then she'll squeal again.


It may be noisy but to this Gammie it is cute!


When we ignore her she'll stop.


When Mom returned from the grocery store she played with EVERYTHING! This girl can get into the most stuff......


So... What is Goulash?
My Mom use to make this every summer when the vegetables began to come in and I still love it. I was recently craving it so I made some just for myself.

Goulash is a popular dish in Hungary and its neighbors in central Europe and the Balkans, and is widely known in other parts of the world. ... A mixture of many different elements; a hodgepodge.

You can use any vegetable that you have on hand. I used carrots, potatoes, onions, yellow squash and zucchini squash chopped in bite size pieces. Then I added 2 beaten eggs to my veggie mixture. After this I fold in my favorite gf flour mix and cornmeal. I brown it in just a little oil and simmer until done. I could eat the whole thing, but I refrained and saved some for later. Here it is pictured with a broiled chicken breast.

Go to the right hand side of this page and click to follow me on networkblogs. I changed some things on my page and I'm having to start over with my networkblog profile.  If you will also verify that I'm the author so I can add more post.

Thanks have a great gluten-free week.

1 comment:

Kelly Stocks said...

Hi,

I’m working with Snikiddy (gluten-free baked fries). What a great post, I know living gluten-free can be difficult. In case you’re interested, we have a new promotion running right now. If you buy Snikiddy snacks from Alice.com, you will receive $1 off plus free shipping.

Also, we are currently hosting a sweepstakes on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/Snikiddy). You can enter to win the weekly drawing (a Snikiddy gift basket!) and the grand prize (a Jamis kids’ bike!).

Thanks again for sharing this! :)

Kelly Stocks
Kelly@Smile.ly

P.S.- Would you be interested in doing a product review/giveaway of Snikiddy snacks? E-mail me if so!