Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fried Apple Recipe and Punkin

The first of the week I went and took care of Punkin for the day so A could go to the dentist. I love my grand-babies soooo much and enjoy moments spent with them. When Punkin woke up from her nap
A sandwich, I think this may be her favorite meal right now.

I'm sure she was saying mmmmmmm.

With our sandwich we had a little string cheese

and it was soo good.

After she finished eating I decided to cook some apples for A and B. I had carried them some from our trees and they already had some so I didn't want them to go to waste.

I had to try them, I didn't want them to make anyone sick! Smile

So the next day I went to the dentist myself and then drove back to the hills, in the rain mind ya. It was awful I thought at times that I was going to have to pull off the road, I could barely see anything. After this drive I was worn out so I decided to clean the house some instead of starting to put up the apples.

The next morning I had to start on the apples. I was sooo looking forward to it that I didn't think about all the consequences involved. I didn't think about my poor hands having to peal all those things and the pain I must endure. Our family has a history of arthritis and I'm afraid that I already have it in my hands. It was tough but I managed to get it done most of it done. I decided to leave about a dozen to cook with for the weekend.




Honey knew that I was working on them so he came in looking forward to eating fried apples, imagine the disappointment when I told him that I had put all of them in the freezer. I promised that he would get to enjoy them later. I'm so glad that I did this because it will be worth it this winter and I'm also so glad it is done and over.

As for the recipe I didn't really measure anything so I'm guesstamating what I did. Adjust to your own taste.

Fried Apples

Ingredients:
¼ c. butter
6 lg. granny smith (my apples are a lot like granny smith) apples; peeled, cored & sliced
1 c. sugar (I used sugar blend)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Instructions:

Melt butter in large skillet boiler over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar and cinnamon. Saute until apples are tender.

No comments: