Monday, August 23, 2010

Mixes from the Heartland Spring Muffins Mix Review

I've so enjoyed my time with family and friends! We had a small lunch together at the house and then the girls spent the afternoon shopping in downtown Greenwood and the men drove around and visited the farm. At the end of our time we ate supper at The Crystal Grill, where everyone indulged and enjoyed every bite.

I baked the men an Old Fashion Apple Pie, recipe taken from Deep South Dish. It was so rewarding to be able to make Apple Pie for my company with apples from my own trees.


I also made Spring Muffins for me and anyone else who might have been interested. These muffins are wonderful! The mixture of zucchini, carrots and cranberries are a perfect combination. Beside loving the taste you feel that you are eating a little healthier also.

Ingredients

Brown and white rice flour (organic), sugar, (Non GMO) corn starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, non aluminum baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, dehydrated carrots and zucchini, freeze dried cranberries, natural vanilla powder (Non GMO corn starch, vanilla beans).

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°. Add 3 eggs, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup water. Mix well. Slowly add dry mix, folding until moist. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes until center is done.

 click on to enlarge



You can always order "Mixes from the Heartland" by selecting the button on the side of my page. Please check their page out and see what all they have; I promise you can't go wrong!

Honey has won Punkin's heart, with vanilla ice cream I might add, she now wants him over ME anytime he is around. Honey just beams he can't get over that she really loves her Pepaw!

No comments: