Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GLuten Free Flapjacks just like Daddy use to make.

I've been really sick with the crud for several days now and have not done much of anything but I am feeling much better. I actually cooked a meal yesterday, not a gourmet meal by any means but it was substantial food that Steve and I had been missing. When I am sick I want one thing, and don't ask me why, and that is bread. Before going gluten-free I would make myself one piece of plain toast, but since going gluten-free toast doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Monday after going to the Doctor I ate a few bites of a sandwich before taking my medicine but that's all I could eat. Monday night I knew that Steve would take care of himself but I needed something that I could eat before taking my night time medicine. I was thinking back about my childhood and the things that I ate back then and the thought came to me flapjacks.

The Wikipedia encyclopedia says flapjack is
Another name for a thick pancake, particularly in United States and Canada

Flapjacks is what my Dad use to make sometimes for my brother and me for breakfast. So I thought why not, there has to be a way to make gluten-free flapjacks. I took my Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix and added some milk but I left it thick and fried it in a tablespoon of oil. It was sooo good, just like my Dad use to make.


I drizzled them with honey and ate some of my Mississippi State cheese with them. Ooohhhh they were good, even to a sick person. So maybe now I'll just have flapjacks when I have the blahs.

What's going on new in the Good household? Let me give you a hint....


Sorry that's all I can say at this time, but I will assure you there is more to come!

No comments: