Monday, November 22, 2010

Today treats.....

I have been busy cooking for my family to come for a visit. I am so excited about spending my first Thanksgiving in my new home with my children and grand-children. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas because our children who live away will not be able to return for Christmas.

The gifts are all wrapped, the house is clean and smells like a Holiday....

Here are a few items I have made, click on the link to get the recipe. It's all Good and it's gluten free!!!

Coffee Shop Fudge
My family loves fudge and some of us love coffee so I was so excited to find this recipe and give it a try.

Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars  
Though Pumpkin is not my favorite, when I read the recipe for these bars I knew that I had to try them. They are wonderful, this may be the beginning of a new tradition

Boiled Cookies
I've been making this recipe since Ash was a little girl. Now I make it with gluten free pure rolled oats so that I can have one. I think the taste is a little different but we love them just the same.

2 cups sugar
3 TBL cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick oats, uncooked
Nuts (optional)

Mix first 4 ingredients together. Boil for 1 minute in medium pan. Remove; add peanut butter, vanilla, uncooked oats and nuts. Stir only enough to blend and drop by spoon on waxed paper. Let set about 30 minutes.


I will also be making my famous Chicken and Dressing made with My Favorite Cornbread recipe.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving ya'll...

No comments: